Friday, January 23, 2009

Random Thoughts

Individuality. One of the things a person can proudly wear and never be ashamed of it. And it dawned on me that sometimes you just have to show who you are to any other person without thinking what they will say. As I was passing Cubao one afternoon, I just saw a couple of characters that really showed their individuality without any inhibitions. I was riding in a jeepney, then there was this group of guy friends, somewhat from the proletariat class, that was having fun since one of them was jokingly wearing a female sleepwear. And they passed it on to one person after the other. And I believe they're not gay. And I thought, wow, this group of people was having genuine fun from something so negligible, but the their laughter was, yeah, genuine! As I went down the jeepney, I passed by an old lady, probably in her 60's wearing full make up. She even has this fashionable bag that seem to match with her somewhat trendy dress. I said to myself, woah, this old woman still believe she's beautiful and young, even though she knows for a fact that her youth faded. And guess what, she doesn't care even if everyone looks at her. But the glow in her eyes says everything. I am beautiful. As was nearing my ride along EDSA, when I saw these two old men in their 50's or 60's, holding hands. I believe its quite obvious that they're gay. But look at that. They don't care! Just like the old woman I aforementioned, whew, they believe that they're partnership will last through time. And even at their age, they still do what they do during their youth.

Lesson learned? Confidence. Individuality. And yeah, that Who-Cares-Attitude! Do what you want to do, as long as you don't hurt other people.

No comments: