Sunday, July 20, 2008

Becoming a UP Accountant....for five weeks!

Let me savor the moment for a while.

So this is what it feels like being a student at the prestigious State University, the University of the Philippines in Diliman at Quezon City...

Me and this oblation guy, we're cool

Then comes nostalgia of those gruesome, traveling-through-the-Commonwealth-traffic-to-look- for-the-Math-Building-where-I-would-take-my-entrance-exam days when I was an applicant seven years back just to study at the said institution. Although I did pass the grade requirement, but did not make through the quota ( since I applied for quota courses - Accountancy, Industrial Eng'g and Computer Science).

And then here I am. I' m a student of UP. So much for sweet revenge...

I took an Accounting Program at UP to learn the science deeply and to apply it to business..and make my resume' look a bit believable. It lasted for five weeks, from June 21 through July 19, every Saturday from 9AM to 5PM.


the tower of knowledge



refreshment area



the mentor's list


Actually, I was expecting nothing new( since my Accounting professor back in college was, well, not good in teaching) but I was wrong. I didn't know that the science is interesting. The consultants were practitioners and they mentor good. They made the program exciting. The discussions were mind-stimulating, exciting and light. There's no reason that you shouldn't learn.
In relation to that, the class was a good mix that made me learn more since we were composed of different professionals from different industries ranging from garments to shipping.


the dome of knowledge



the tools


I plan now to take a Management Course at the same university next.

I wanna sing that UP Hymn soon.

No comments: