Friday, July 25, 2008

A "Dark" Experience courtesy of Batman: The Dark Knight

Welcome to the Dark Side.


No. I’m not referring to one of the more famous line in the Star Wars series. But the well acclaimed Batman movie. I was not supposed to watch this movie since an office barkada gimmick was set. But then, due to unlikely office toxicity and demanding bosses (and a million reasons not to join the engagement), the set gimmick was postponed (again). And, out of the blue, as I was going home, my mom invited me to watch the show. So, there I am, joining the public in line to get a ticket at the SM North Edsa-The Block to catch a glimpse of the said motion picture.

And the movie goes…

The storyline was nowhere that I had expected. It was impressive! I was only expecting The Joker (played by Heath Ledger) as the main villain of the movie, but somewhere near the end, Two-Face(played by Aaron Eckhart) appears! That’s why the name Harvey Dent was sounding a bit familiar when I heard it during the movie. Not only that, I hadn’t noticed the coin-tossing-act as a clue! It was actually my sister (who’s 13 years younger than me) who reminded me that Two-Face does that.

And my comments….

Pros:

1. The Bat Mobile (This car can outrun any bus in EDSA!)! And that Bat-cycle!

I could ride one of these!


2. Heath Ledger deserves an Oscar for that stellar performance! You can’t recognize Heath being the Joker, and he made the character creepier.

3. Storyline was impressive; expect the unexpected.

4. Action packed fun.

Cons:

1. The way Batman talks. Para siyang may plema sa lalamunan.


Generally, the movie was genius.


Hopefully, they would remake the Batman series in the past.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Natalie Portman and Scarlet Johansson as Poison Ivy or Catwoman. (grins widely)

No comments: