Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Night of Drama

Its been a long while since my stint on musical theater. And as of now, I'm sorely missing it. All the voice, dance and acting rehearsals at the Trumpets studio. And showing that to everyone we invited at our show. But tonight I'm the one sitting on a seat enjoying a show.

I was invited by a friend to watch a one act theater show by Koine' Theater Group held at the Conspiracy Bar last October 28. The group, Koine' has been in existence since 2001 and is the only professional intimate theater existing in the country.




The show was entitled "Huling Ensayo Para Sa Iyo" and tackled on bitter love. "The critically acclaimed plays on coping your significant other' parents who make you feel unworthy, and on; dealing with exes who might not be over you but too prideful fess up.."

Talk about bitter love.

Anyway, it was a memorable play for me since it is the first time that the show actually interacted with the audience. The actor on the second act really asked the opinion of the audience on how to deal with his problem ( on the play ). That was really new to me, and I was one of those "audience" who were asked to participate because I read a part on the script that is needed to make to show moving.

That at least made my week a bit more interesting.

No comments: