Thursday, November 13, 2008

Two Birds with One Stone



I have been stressed for the past weeks and yeah, I'm stressed. Its all because of work, work and more work. I actually had no time for exercise since I go home late because of those customer requirements that our office team has to deliver. So finally after so much anticipation, I had a chance to swim last Saturday to get rid of stress!

But that day, was a long day.

So I decided to swim on a Saturday afternoon since I have been missing on exercise and my body is actually missing treading in the water. Packed my stuff, and headed off to my destination. The Department of Education - Ultra Swimming Pool in Pasig. Upon arriving, I noticed that the parking lots at the pool area were packed w because normally, its not that packed during weekends. Then I saw the Ateneo seal. They were having a sports event for the high school students. That's one down. I cannot swim here. Then I decided to go to the next public pool I know. Amoranto Sports Complex in Quezon City. Still, luck was not at my side because the pool is in use by a certain military group that has training. I tried asking the pool personnel to let me swim until it became an argument, but in vain. It's reserved and closed to the public.

I was feeling a bit low because that pool was my only hope for training. But something sparked in my mind to search for another public pool that might exist around Metro Manila. That's it! Search. I headed to the nearest internet cafe' and Google-d for public pools around the city.

Then luck came.

The Makati Aqua Sports Arena. Hah! I actually discovered another pool. So, I immediately went to the M.R.T. to go to the place. The Makati Aqua Sports Arena is a project of the local government of Makati City for sports development of the youth there. I actually read a few write ups about the place, and heard good feedback. The complex is located beside the Makati Park and Garden( parallel to the Pasig River), J.P. Rizal Extension, West Rembo. It's just a jeepney ride away from the Guadalupe station of the Metro Rail Transit(MRT). The pool is open everyday from 8:00 am till 8:00 pm, except Mondays for maintenance. The entrance fee for swimmers are as follows:

Php 50.00 - for Makati residents
Php 150.00 - for non- Makati residents

For more information, you can contact Ms. Juvy at (02)881-59-41.

Since I'm not a Makati resident, I paid the latter. But, the amount spent was worth it because the whole complex is clean and well maintained.

After my two hour training, I felt the stress disappear from inside.

Lesson learned? Do not give up! If the first few attempts were in vain, try again, who knows? You might get what you wished for if you try hard enough! And be resourceful as well!

No comments: