Sunday, June 8, 2008

Italian Food + Good Movie = Enjoy!

Friday last week, after my job-related appointment.


My parents invited us to watch a movie at Trinoma. Since I haven't been to the movies lately because of relentless job hunting, I obliged. Because of the persistence of my younger siblings, we watched The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Hmm...Narnia ,huh. The last installment of Narnia I watched was alright( The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe) so I wasn't expecting much of the movie.

Sailing through Quezon City's traffic was good until we reached North Avenue! We were stuck there for about 15 minutes. And to think we're near the destination. 'Nuff said. Manila's traffic is always that way...and it was a Friday. It dawned to me to that finding a parking space in Trinoma is tough, especially on a Friday. We just decided to park at the top floor.

At least we were early enough to decide on our watching time, we settled to watch the 8PM schedule. Since the movie was just 30 minutes away, we went to Sbarro to buy dinner to bring in the cinemas. ( and learned that the Pepperoni Stromboli is as good a lunch! )



Anyways.

The movie proper. Watch.




Thinking that the movie was just the same as the previous one, I found myself looking forward to the next episode! The movie was good! Here are the pluses and deltas: ( Disclaimer: Spoiler! )

PLUSES:

1. Smart Humor throughout the movie.
2. Great Accent of the actors and actresses. ( Nakakainggit yung accent ni Ben Barnes! )
3. Anna Katherine Popplewell.
4. Special Effects were superb.
5. Storyline was engaging and is not boring.
6. The romance between Prince Caspian and Susan Pevensie made the movie more interesting.

DELTAS:
1. Special effects were Lord-of-the-Rings-ish.
2. Bitin!

Kudos to the movie!

I'm on the look out for the next episode.

No comments: