Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wedding Singer? Nah.


June 15 2008. 5:00 PM.

Me, my sister, my brother and his girlfriend and my cousin were invited by an uncle in an exposition at the World Trade Center. To sing and to model.


To be more exact, brother and cousin to model. I, to sing. And my brother's girlfriend to model.

Actually my brother's girlfriend was only there to support my brother but only to find out that she was invited to model right then and there!

My sister to take pictures. Take pictures of us. : )

And it became a day to remember since everyone was given an activity to engage.

And me, I was tasked to sing. We were really advise days prior to the event itself but mind you, we were only given three days! I need to come up with three songs. And I need memorize it.

And before I go further, let me tell you what event happened.

On it fifth year, The Bridal Expo is an exposition the most inventive bridal ideas in the history of wedding. The finest wedding servicer/s were invited to showcase their specialties in the event. Bridal photographers, couturiers and designers, events coordinators, and other miscellaneous wedding servicer exhibit their expertise at the event.

This event is a must-visit for all those soon to be wed couples.











Back to the story, so there, we were invited by our uncle to join the event as models and me, a singer. So there, before our stint, we were pampered by a make up artist to ready us.

Eto pala ang pakiramdam ng inaasikaso ng make up artist.

After the make up, we were asked to dress up. Since I was tasked to sing, I readied myself and dressed up as all others were given dresses and barongs to model. I sent my music to the coordinator and psyched myself.



And the stint begins.

Although still nervous, I went up the stage to sing.

First song. Forgot the lyrics. Every singer's mortal sin. Even though I sung two thirds of the song correctly. Generally a mess.

Second song. Aside from forgetting to mention the last word, almost perfect. At least.

Third song. Not in coordination with the models. Wasn't able to start the song on stage. Sung half of the song backstage and the other half on stage.

All in all. Pasang awa lang ang performance.


Anyway, the others did theirs well.

Wow. So this is the feeling of being a celebrity. Even for a while.

So anyways, after all that, still felt good since not all others are given a chance to showcase their abilities on stage.

After that tiring day, we decided to eat at Jollibee.


And saw a kid eating by himself, unaccompanied by nobody!

I had to share the picture.


So can I be a wedding singer? Nah. Not really.

1 comment:

TENTAY™ said...

hey hey! Bridal fair? Lagi ako nagpupunta jan, coz my sis' getting married soon! gud luck!! =)

http://tentaypatis.blogspot.com